Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Water Colored and Paper Pieced Birthday Cake w/ IO Stamps/Dies!! =)

Pin It

Hello!!
I'm stopping in to share the Card I've made for the New IO Challenge - Celebrate You!!
I thought it would be FUN to create a Birthday Card for one of my Dearest Friends Grandma, who has really been like a Grandma to me too and once I had my Boys she has also been SO AMAZING with them as well!! =) She has ALWAYS been a Quote person since I have known her and she's ALWAYS sharing them with the Kids so when I saw this Sentiment I just KNEW I had to use it on a Card for her!! I wanted to also use the Cake Stand from the same IO (CL567) Happy Birthday 2 U Stamp Set and I thought it would be NEAT to create a Cake using the Quote and then I wanted to make it look like one of those Specially Decorated Cakes like you'd find at a Cake Boutique!! So I used some of the Flower Dies from the IO (Die 262-Y) Spring Wreath Die Set and the IO (Die 057-AA) Small Bow Die Cut from some Gold Foil Paper!! I Stamped and Embossed all of the Images on Distress Water Color Paper and then used the Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to Water Color them!! I did the same with ALL of the Die Cuts and I just LOVE the way they look Water Colored!! I also added some Pretty Pink Posh 4mm Gold Sequins to the Centers of the Flowers and I just LOVE the way it turned out!! =)
I think she's going to LOVE it and that along with some of the Rhubarb from our Garden and she'll be in HEAVEN!! She LOVES to Bake and her Rhubarb got Frozen so we thought she'd ENJOY having some for her Baking/Jelly Needs!! =)
 
THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEK!!
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

1 comment:

  1. She sure sounds like a special lady and she is going to adore this gorgeous card!! Beautifully done Larissa, love every little perfect detail!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)