Friday, June 27, 2014

Newton's Nook Designs #11 Inky Paws Challenge!! =)

Pin It

Inky Paws Challenge #11 - Citrus Color Challenge - Newton's Nook Designs
Inky Paws Challenge #11 - Citrus Colors
Lime greenLemon Yellow • Orange • Grapefruit Pink
 
Hello!! Happy Friday and it's the first day of the
I love the colors for this month's challenge!!  I can't wait to see what you'll create using this Summer Time Color Combo!!
 
Are you ready to get your paws inky with us and play along to win a prize? The Challenge winner will receive a $10 store credit to our online store and a Inky Paws Challenge Top Pick Badge to add to your blog! If we get more than 15 participants, we will choose two winners so be sure to tell your friends to play along!



You have two weeks to play along. Deadline to enter is Friday,  July 11th, 2014 at Midnight CST. The winners will be announced on the NND blog on Monday, July 14th.

Are you ready to play along and get your paws inky? 


  • Create a NEW project (card or other paper craft item) based on the sketch above.
  • Your project MUST use at least one Newton's Nook Designs stamped image (or free digital stamp - check out our Freebies page).
  • Post your project to your blog or to an online photo gallery such as Flickr , Pinterest, or splitcoaststampers (on splitcoast please use keywords newtonsnook and IPC11).
  • Link back to this challenge (if posting in an online gallery copy the link into the photo description). 
  • Submit your project to this challenge using the InLinkz widget below. You must submit a DIRECT link to your post page.
  • Have more than one great idea? You can enter more than once! Just link up each card separately. 
  • TIP: Please make sure your photo in focus  - We can't pick you as a winner if we can't see your card clearly because your photo is blurry! 
Here is my card!!
 



I wanted to create a FUN Row of Fruit on a Single Layered Card Front!! I wanted to use my Distress Markers to water color the Fruit and  I decided to stamp on regular Cardstock for a FUN aged look and I LOVE the effect!! I had to mask the Fruit so I had to decided my layout ahead of time and which fruit I was going to have in the Front and in the back!! After deciding on my Layout I stamped each of the Fruit Images onto some Masking Paper and cut them out then I drew a line with a pencil across the bottom of my card front so I had an area to stamp on!! I started with the Cherry and then added the mask after I go it stamped!! Then I stamped the Strawberry that way I could space my fruit out some what evenly!! I covered it with the mask once I had it stamped!! Then I stamped the Watermelon inbewteen the Cherry and the Strawberry and added the mask to it!! I then stamped the Orange and then the Pear!! I took my Distress Markers and colored onto my Acrylic Block and added water with my Water Color Brush!! I colored all of the Fruit and then let it dry!! I came back once it was dry and added some more color for the look of shading!! I wanted the Yellow for the Background so I added water to my Cardstock and then used the Distress Markers to color the Background!!! I used a soft Brown for the Table and added shading to it too!! I then stamped my Banner and the sentiment and the added some shading too!! I wanted a FUN shimmer and Sparkle and I wanted the colors to move some so I sprayed the Entire Card Front with some Iridescent Gold TA Glimmer Spray!! I LOVE the LOOK!! It made the colors wick and move and every time you do this technique you get a totally DIFFERENT Look!! =) LOVE it!! ONCE IT WAS COMPLETELY Dry I used some Black Glossy Accents and went over all of the Sweet Little Hearts and any of the Seeds on the Fruit!! I let it dry and my card was finished!! I tried to get some pictures so you can see just how BEAUTIFUL the Shimmer is in real life!! Just makes me HAPPY!!  =)
For even more Inspiration Please go and visit the Newton's Nook Designs Blog!! The DT has created some AMAZING Projects for this challenge as a Jumping off point for this challenge!! =)
 THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by today and I can't wait to see what you create for the New Inky Paws #11 Challenge over on the Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge Blog!!
Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!!
 
CONTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

3 comments:

  1. Gosh you always inspire me when I come here Larissa...which is ALL the time!!! A beautiful summer work of art, love ti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I love this bright fun color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out GORGEOUS! love it! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge :) Hope you're having a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)