Wednesday, March 19, 2014

One Layer Bunny with JustRite and Clean and Simple Card Class!! =)

Pin It

If your here for the Newton's Nook Designs March Release Post Please Scroll Down!! =)

 

Hello!!

I'm sharing a Card I made for the JustRite Friday Challenge #116 - CAS Cards over on the JustRite Blog!!
I decided it would be FUN to play around with a One Layer CAS Card Design!! =)
I was LUCKY enough to win a Spot in the Clean & Simple Card Class 3 and I haven't had much time to play along, but today I found some time and I'm sure glad I did!! I LOVE the results!! Like I said in my Last Post CAS Cards are hard for me Because I like STUFF and Dimension and I always think they look unfinished!! I decided to use the New Welcome Spring Stamp Set and the coordinating Nested Cloud and Tag Spellbinders Dies!!

Welcome Spring Clear Stamps   Nested Cloud and Tag Dies
I thought it would be Neat to try and layer the different Label Stamps and then have a Scene in the Middle of the Label and to have it be a One Layer Card!! So I die cut the coordinating dies and made some masks!! I just used some printer paper and then I used my Distress Inks and my Ink Blending Tool!! I started by stamping the Largest Label in Black Ink!! Then I used the Cloud Mask to cover it so I could apply my Pumice Stone and Tea Stain Distress Ink to the outside edge of the Card!! I then Masked the outside of the Card leaving the Cloud Label Open and used some Bundled Sage to color it!! I then Die Cut the other Label and Stamped it then I masked the outer part of the Label and used Tumbled Glass to color it and decided it would be best to just stamp and cut the Bows out after coloring them with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink!! I then made a Mask for the Ribbon Border and masked the inside of the Label after stamping the Grass and the Bunny!! I used Mustard Seed and LemonAde and then I used Bundled Sage and Peeled Paint for the Grass!! I had the Bunny masked, but in the end I thought it looked better with the Bunny Stamped and cut out and then glued back in place for some depth to the Image!! I used my Silver Faber-Castell Aquarelle Water Color Pencil to color the Bunny and then added some Soft Pink for the Ears and the Cheek!! I added a pearl for the tail and then masked everything and added some water splatters to the background for some distressed splatters!! I used some really thin Foam Tape to attach the two Labels together and I LOVE the way it came together!! Although the masking is kinda time consuming the results are SO WORTH the work!! Here is my finished Card!!


Hopefully you can see how AWESOME the Two One Layer Labels look together and maybe you'll give this technique a try!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

2 comments:

  1. You know what? You aced this CAS card. I really like your colors and how you did the background. Such a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and what a CUTE bunny!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)