Monday, July 22, 2013

Noel with a Twist!! =)

Pin It


Hello!! 
I'm here to share a card I made with two challenges in mind!!
The JustRite Friday Challenge #101 - "Christmas In July" and the Colour Q Challenge!!
I thought it would be a really Fun and Beautiful idea to challenge myself to make a Christmas Card using these non-traditional colors!! So here is what I came up with!!
I started by embossing my mini ornaments from the Justrite Vintage Christmas Ornaments Stamp Set in Ranger Adorandack Stream embossing powder!! So Pretty!! I did the same thing with the larger ornament from the same Stamp Set!! I then fussy cut them out and added some gems and some metallic tape to the tops for a more realistic Christmas Ornament look!! For my card base I stamped a pretty Holly Swag using the Holly from the same stamp set!! I did some second generation stamping for a more realistic look!! I then stamped the whole front with the Shabby Music Background Stamp and I LOVE the feel it added to my card!! I then added some tourmaline glitter with a glue pen to the holly berries!! I stamped the label from the Christmas Vintage Labels Four Stamp Set and added some holly to the center of it using the mini holly sprig from the Christmas Labels Twenty Stamp Set!! I wanted it to look like a wreath and I LOVE the way it turned out!! I added my mini ornaments to the swag and I added some wire that I stitched to my card to make them look like they were really hanging!! I added the wire to the larger ornament too and then pop dotted it to the label and used foam squares to add the label to my card!!
So here are some pictures of my finished card!!


Well I hope you think this color combo is as BEAUTIFUL as I do for a Christmas Card!!??

THANKS for stopping by and have a Fabulous Week!!  =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

7 comments:

  1. What a cool card!! Your swag is so neat. Great idea! Loving those little gems on each of the ornaments! Such a fun, festive creation!

    Another fantastic card, Larissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! Did you know your card is not showing up in the collection on JR?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow WOW!!! This is stunning Larissa, so much prettiness to drink in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love that border and the pretty non-traditional colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this color combo and I think it's PERFECT for Christmas and is just a FABULOUS card in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card love all the layers and the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo-Who! Congrats on the win, Larissa!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)