Thursday, November 8, 2012

Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder Ornaments!!

Pin It
Dreamweaver Stencils Banner
and
Ranger Ink

I wanted to share some FUN Ornaments that I made using a Sizzix Ornaments #4 Die and Grunge Board as my base along with Ranger embossing powders and the melting pot and Ranger Dry Stickles Glitter in Diamond Dust!! Along with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powders in Frayed Burlap, Peeled Paint and Pine Tree!! Then some May Arts ribbons to finish it all off!! I made these for a FUN Challenge going on over on the Dreamweaver Stencil Blog and Ranger Ink Blog!!
I hope you'll go check it out for some FUN New Technique Inspiration!!

I started out by taking my ornament base and after I had mixed up my Ranger Embossing Powders in my melting pot and let it melt!! I used a Pearl Embossing Powder first and mixed in some Ranger Dry Stickles Glitter in Diamond Dust LOVE that stuff!! =) Once it was melted I then filled the center of the Ornament with it and let it dry!!  I then mixed in some Ranger Gold Embossing powder and again once it was melted I filled in the outer to spaces and then let it dry!! Once it was cooled and hardened I took a double sided tape and cut out another ornament shape and then covered the grunge board ornament base with the double sided tape. I mixed the Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powders together in a small container and then covered the ornament base with them rubbing it into the double sided tape had been applied!! I then added some May Arts Lace Ribbon and Burlap Twine bow with a cute gold gem to finish it off!! I then added some ribbon for the hanger and I can't wait to wrap my presents with these CUTE Ornaments that are show pieces that can be kept and hung on the tree for next Christmas!! =)  (You can make several at a time while you are doing it and the process goes fairly quick. I reused the pearl embossing powder by adding the gold right to it after I was done filling all of the centers of the Ornaments so that I shouldn't have any waisted product!! Then I can keep the gold pearl mixture for another project later on!!)
Here are some pictures of how they turned out!!


 
I hope you'll give this a try!! The texture that the Distress Embossing Powders give in contrast to the melted embossing powders in the center of the ornament really looks neat in person!!
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
 
COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA   =)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ornament, Larissa!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Larissa! You've been chosen as the winner of a Mama Elephant Gift Certificate that I gave away on my blog (the post announcing you as the winner will go live tomorrow morning). Please contact me via email (garkarlon@msn.com) and I'll provide you with the Gift Certificate Code to the Mama Elephant Store!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)