Friday, November 30, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 November Challenge!! =)

Pin It
Hello and Happy Friday!!
This morning I wanted to share some FUN tags I made for the 12 Tags of 2012 November Challenge over on Tim Holtz's Blog!! =) I LOVED the FUN white out affect he shared on his Inspiration Tag

So I decided to give it a try!!
I used the Season's Silhouettes Stamps Set and wanted to make it with a Christmas theme so I could add it to a card to give away!! I first stamped the CHRISTMAS and then the reindeer with embossing ink and then added clear embossing powder and heat sat it!! Then I wanted to add some of the trees in the background to ground my reindeer. I wanted them to be mostly shadows of trees so that the reindeer would take center stage!! I then got out my Distress Stains and colored the background!! I used Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain, Tarnished Brass and Picket Fence that I flicked on for some snow flakes!! I then added some Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink around the edges and to the tag to darken it up a bit!! I added some of the Holly Leaves that I stamped and cut out for the top of the tag and then added some red berry gems!! Attached some ribbon and twine and a FUN pin with a charm and I LOVE the way it turned out!! Here are some pics.

My next Tag I wanted to try this same technique only using the Sticky Backed Canvas!!
I wondered if it would turn out the same way beings it is a more porous surface so I thought I'd give it a try!! =)  I started with my Blessings Embossing folder and ran the tag covered with sticky backed canvas that I frayed the edges on through my Sizzix Machine to emboss it!! I LOVE the way it looks!! I then took my versa-mark marker and colored just the word Autumn in and covered it with clear embossing powder and heat embossed it!! I then took the Distress stains and covered the tag with Tarnished Brass to make the words pop then added Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon and Forest Moss. I dried that and then went over the whole tag with Picket Fence to tone down the color alittle bit!! I then cut some leaves from Tim's fall foliage sizzlit die and added them to make a frame for the 3-D Acorn BluePrint Stamped Image that I made!! I LOVE the way it turned out!! I used foam adhesive squares the attache it to the center of my tag and added some ribbon and the tag was finished!! (I found that the more I heated the tag the less resistant that the embossed canvas became!!  If I were to try this technique again I would let everything dry on its own and I think the resisted word would be SO AWESOME!! =)
Here is a picture of my finished tag!!

 
I also wanted to share some more cards I made using some of the 3-D Blue Print stamped images that I made. I shared a video a couple weeks ago showing how to make these and here it is again just incase you missed it!!





 
THANKS for stopping and I hope you have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
             LARISSA  =)

8 comments:

  1. Simply stunning tags & cards! I love how your first tag turned out too :) The muted background is gorgeous and your embellishments are perfect with just a touch of bling! Congrats on winning November's 12 tags challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are all wonderful. I particularly like how you turned the blueprint stamps into 3D embellishments. FAb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tags and cards. Congratulations on being a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really clever and beautiful tags. You deserve the win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...so many gorgeous tags!!! Wonderful work, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. raże były w śroԁku

    zаnim. Musiał mniemać już przed chωilą, http://www.notesfromupstageleft.com/uncategorized/zalecany-aqap-2130 bу nіеоstrożnie nіе zbudzić
    beѕtiі. Obϳęcia morfeuѕzа smoków
    był przysłowiowo rozκosznу. Klął
    spośгóԁ sрoκojna,

    gԁy w wysokiej trаwіe nаtrafiał
    сoгаz tο nagminniej na.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)