Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #132!! =)

Pin It

YEAH!! I was SO EXCITED when I saw the color palette for this weeks challenge!! I have been LOVING Mustard Yellow for the last two years!! =) Then when you mix it with black and white well I am a HUGE FAN!! =) I hope you'll go and check out all of the AMAZING INSPIRATION over on The Play Date Cafe Blog.

 
I also wanted to play along with The Doilies and Lace Challenge over on the Moxie Fab World Blog where I was INSPIRED by this BEAUTIFUL card made by Windy Robinson which was featured in the Card Creations, Volume 10  Magazine.  I LOVED the way that the lace stamp covered the label and I decided to pull out my May Arts Lace and play!! I thought it would be Fun to see if I could use REAL lace to come up with a background!!

So I decided to go on the classic side with my design!! I have LOTS of weddings this summer and I knew this would be a FUN color palette for a wedding card!! So here is what I came up with!! =)




While going through my Prima Beauties I stumbled across this one and I KNEW it was Perfect!! It wanted to make it more of a mustard color so I sprayed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and then added Tim Holtz Distress Stickles in Mustard Seed to the edges!! I LOVE the way it looks!! Then I added some of the New Maya Road Measuring Tape ribbon and a Prima Wooden Button!! I also added a Making Memories Stick Pin!! I then used some May Arts Burlap Twine and wrapped it up behind the flower!! I used a stamp set from The Craft's Meow Telegram Set for the sentiment and added it to my card base!! For the card base I decided what would be more fitting for a wedding than LACE!! So after looking through my stash of May Arts Lace I chose this one and decided to make a weaved design with it!! I LOVE the way it turned out!! To make it pop I added it to a black core`dinations cardstock card base.
May Arts Ribbon Wednesday Video
I also made a video for my May Arts Ribbon Wednesday Weekly Video Series showing a couple different ways to use lace for a card background!! You can view it here along with the other card photos!! ENJOY!! =)




Here are the Laces that I used: (omitting #390-38-09)
They can be found in order from right to left here: Amazon
I hope you'll give one of these FUN techniques a try and if you do I hope you'll leave me a link to your project so I can check it out!! THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

COUNTRY-HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS, girl! LOVE that glittered, dimensional flower, and the color palette of your second is one of my absolute faves! You should link these up to the Doilies & Lace Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larissa, what a really terrific idea to weave lace as your card front! It's different, unique, and has elegant country charm. :) LOVE the idea! And your flower has more oomph thanks to the little glamorized treatment from you. ;)

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Cafe, and have a great week!

    (and THANK YOU so much for becoming a follower at my blog; you always leave me the nicest comments and I appreciate every one, I really do)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love all of the texture on you cards :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)