Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Party Banner, Crown and Jar!! =)

Pin It
HAPPY Wednesday!! =)
I can't believe the week is half over already!!
We had a record high yesterday of 98 degrees and for April in Nebraska that's HOT!!
Beckett had his FIRST T-Ball practice of MANY to come, but it was alittle bitter sweet for me!! I can still remember my first day of T-Ball and I know he will remember these fun times too!! Everyone can tell I'm a scrapper because Beckett always posses and then comes up with ideas for pictures!! Gotta LOVE that because I know some day he will be annoyed!!
Anyway I will share some photos soon but for now I wanted to share the Party Banner, Crown and Jar that I made for My sister-in-laws mother's 50th Surprise Birthday Party!! Right away I KNEW that the Heidi Swapp paper would be the Perfect fit for the party theme!! So here is what we made!!
 My 3 yr. old niece Kenna was IN LOVE with the crown that we made, so I had to take some Pictures of her wearing it!! =) We went to our local Antique store and found the vintage hanky and table runner that we cut up and used as trim for the bottom of the crown!! You can see the scalloped edge on the hanky and then that crocheted edge on the table runner. We also found that vintage turquoise daisy pin and we used that for the center of the fun GIANT flower that we made!! I rolled up some tissue paper in Bright Pink and then cut the little slits to make the giant looped tissue flower and then added some glitter!! I cut a strip of the animal paper and then scored it at 1/4 inch intervals and made a rosette for the center of the tissue flower!! I added glitter to the edge of the rosette too, and added the daisy pin to the center of the rosette!! I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the doily strip and added it to the top portion of the crown!! We cut out the letters using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge from Close to My Heart and cut them out of Silver glitter paper that we backer with black paper!! We added the large gems to the to the top of the crown and we just LOVED the way that it turned out!! =) I wanted to share that the pattern from this crown was found on the Blog of Melissa Phillips and you can find it here: http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/lilybeans_paperie/2012/02/timeless-relics.html
along with the cute crown that she made using the same pattern!! =)



This is the jar that my sister-in-law Kelly found at the Antique store and just had to have!! She came up with the idea to fill it with all different sizes of gum balls and then we added the Fifty Blows for a fun little word play!! We used the sizzix label die from Tim Holtz for the base label and then cut another label and the letters from the same cricut cart. We added another Martha Stewart doily strip and then added a piece of the crochet trim and a ribbon to finish the jar band off!! We added another tissue paper flower to the top of the lid and cut a large yellow paper doily for it to sit on!! I LOVE the way that it turned out!!

 Here is the FUN Party Banner!! We used the same Cricut Cart. for all of the pieces of the banner and then we added the CUTE Heidi Swapp bows to connect the banner pieces together and EVERYONE LOVED the way that this turned out!! It totally made the party and it only took a couple hours to make!! So worth the time and effort!!


We had SO much fun creating all of this Friday and the Surprise Party was such a HIT!!
THANKS for stopping by and have a FABULOUS WEEK!!

COUNTRY HUGS-N-KISSES
LARISSA  =)

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness.....way to rock the goodness...seriously love everything...especially the crown!!!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for your FABULOUS COMMENTS =)